Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Wedding Dress Inspiration


Today was the third day of trying on more gowns. Yesterday, my friend Linda and I went and tried on much more expensive gowns than my first trial run.
The image with the purple background is a Lazaro dress that I absolutely fell in love with, except the price!
However, what I got clearer on was that I want something that shows off my figure (you're only young once!) and yet has a vintage feel and is long with a train.
We decided after the 5K dress experience to go to some fancy vintage stores and see what we could come up with....I am a designer and I specialize in reworking things, why can't I do that for my own gown?
I just can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a dress that I will only wear once especially when that money could go for other things like -- travel!
So, I think we found a wonderful embroidered dress that fits like a glove. It needs some length and shoulder straps (I refuse to wear a strapless...a girl has to eat!)
and some more pizazz. But other than that, this vintage dress really fits the bill, and my budget!

These other gowns I am displaying are by Maria Karin and I think they are fabulous! I am inspired to add similar elements to the vintage dress in the way Karina uses texture and form.




1 comment:

Avril said...

Vagadu has such an innovating style, or at least that's what i see in these pictures....Every girl's dream is to be a little mermaid, and these wedding dresses seem to be designed for mermaids:)