Friday, February 25, 2011

Colors for Wedding....Update!

After meeting with Alex I realized that simpler is better. As a designer I am one of those who loves to overdo it. I just want more and more. In my personal artwork there is never enough saturation, print and color. However, Alex reminded me that for a wedding, it is about the people, and especially me.
If I am going to make a fabulous gown, I need to stand out from the background and not be overwhelmed by the setting.

The picture here demonstrates the results from our meeting. (I purposfully posted the image upside down so you can focus on colors, not content).

Lower the saturation of the overall color scheme and make sure they are warm hues. He says that everyone looks good against warm tones, and you want everyone to look and feel good, and warm tones make people have stronger appetites.
In the photo you can see that we have soft beige, creams, browns, oranges and golds. Light blues and silvers can also be mixed in as long as the majority of colors are on the warmer side.
Since my dress is going to have a rich royal blue and turquoise with cream--as demonstrated by the 'pop' of the blue in the image--against the pastels, they will definitely stand out. Also, reds or pinks of darker saturation will also be accent colors for bridesmaids and groom and they too also 'pop' against the softer background.

For decor, the blues can be sprinkled into the setting with little details like vases, ornaments or random objects to pull the dress into the scheme without it being too much.

So there you have it! The latest colors. More to come on the dress and other things!

No comments: