Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inspiration for the next collection of Blazer Vests!

This will be the first collection of Blazer Vests where I am trying to create color ways that are in-step with the current fashion trends. In the past, I hadn't really thought about what colors are "in" when making the vests and--moving forward-- I see it much making the vests more marketable without loosing the special VAGADU touch! Actually, having strict colors restrictions has allowed for a resurgence of creative growth...fun!!!!

Here are a couple of tears from magazines that show the current color trends I will be playing with and next to them is a simple photoshop mock-up of how they might look on my darling vests. I already have four of them finished .... but they will be released
at a special date TBA. *Note* the pictures of the vests are not real...it is just to give you a taste of how it all will translate.

Dark Blue
Navy Blue and Red! This is from Vogue and I am warning you that you will be seeing this combo around all this Fall. Tans
Also in Tans and Neutrals mixed together! As you know I love bold colors so it has been a fun challenge to work in softer shades, but I have been loving it none the less.
Bold Accent: Green
Every collection needs its stand out pieces. I pulled a tear from a Lanvin ad, and I am having fun mixing beads and other textures into bright green fabric.