Monday, June 29, 2009

Creative Headgear for Priceless



It's summer, and in the Bay Area that means countless festivals/gatherings/costume events. Since Burning Man is not in the cards this year we are costuming-up for Priceless...this weekend!

So, I thought I would share some of the headgear I have been creating for me and my man.

Priceless has a theme each year and this year it is "Midsummer Night's Dream". Therefore, we are going as our versions of Oberon and Titania (king and queen of the fairies).

We almost spent a couple $$$ on some fancy vintage headdresses but opted for the "lets-find-out-what-Joui-can-come-up-with" choice. Which as you can see is a collection of scraps and random material that I horde for occasions just like this!

For instance, fake ferns!??? They are so awful but were exactly what we needed for the costumes....I was soooo close to giving them to the thrift store in my last move.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Carlos Juarez said...

Very innovated! Looks great...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!