Monday, February 16, 2009

Discarded to Divine...we made the cut!


In an earlier blog I charted the process of creating a ruffly vest from three blazers for the St. Vincent De Paul annual "Discarded to Divine" event.

To my delight I got an email last week from them telling me that my vest made the save-the-date postcard! As you can see in the image here it looks great on the model, and is a bit of a departure from their previous posters which generally have focused more on gowns instead of more casual wear. Perhaps it is purely a reflection of the times....less people will be attending galas so better have festive items that you can wear with jeans (as seen on the model).

After spending around 18 hours in making the vest, it is very gratifying to have it be promoted this way. And as always, I am hoping it will bring more exposure to Vagadu and what I do.

1 comment:

Greenballoon said...

Awesome! I think the vest looks totally hot "dressed-down" on that model. Does this mean I can add this event to the Arteaser calendar?? Let me know!
-DG